Thursday, September 8, 2011

Getting Started

Just to be clear, this Blog is not written with any "significant" experience in the world of Bengalese as some authors on the subject have dedicated many, many years to the study and breeding of these lovely finches (often the Lonchura family in general) and have the earned authority to speak on the subject and be respected for their views following.

My primary drive for attempting to share my opinion about the Bengo is because of my recent investigation into the keeping of these birds.

I have not been keeping finches for the last 6 years or so and prior to that point and they have been a fundamental element of my world since the age of 9 years old. After staring a new life with my lovely wife I had decided that I had been missing having finches around and after a discussion with my wife we both agreed that we would attempt to keep some finches on the balcony of our unit (apartment) in Sydney Australia.

We agreed to set up a medium sized enclosure on the balcony and I quickly engrossed myself with building an aviary that would suit our place.

Below are some images of the enclosure in the build and finished phases. You could almost say that it ended up looking like an antique cabinet.