Monday, January 9, 2012

Chocolate Markings



One of my friends in Queensland (Australia) James, that my Selfs originally came from has been breeding Bengalese since he was young and over the last 10 years or so he has been selectively breeding his Chocolates for darker birds with more defined underbelly markings.


I am very impressed because it seems that James has been able to achieve some significantly dark underbelly markings without relying on Hybridization to make it possible (as with the Euro Self) but rather through patience and selective breeding. It is hard to see the exact detail of these markings but they do look very impressive that's for sure


















I have been speaking with James lately and I hope to get hold of some of his nicely marked Bengos in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to Comment on my Aussie Bengos Blog, your thoughts are welcome.

Cheers